Monday, August 31, 2009

Grinding to Britney Spears at our weddings?


I have often noticed that most weddings have a selection of music which appeals to the younger and the older guest alike. The playlist will swing frenetically back and forth between classic crowd pleasers from my parent's generation, to throbbing present day club anthems.

When our granchildren get married, will the Dj be playing 'oldies' like Britney Spears and Beyonce and Lady Gaga to humor the old folk? Will we driven to bump and grind on the dance floor when a classic song like "Single Ladies" or "Push it" comes on?

Or is there just something intrinsically good about certain songs that makes them stand the test of time, and hence deems them to be a classic wedding reception playlist must-have?

I suppose time will tell. Until then, I will hold my breath and wait for the day when I can booty drop to Sean Paul's "Shake that thing" on the dance floor with my walker, while my grandchildren watch in horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment